Garrett Reid passed away almost eleven years ago. Andy Reid, who is the current head coach of the Kansas City once lost his young kid who was just 29 years old, know more about his son and his overdose
How did Garrett Reid die?
The Chiefs’ head coach had five kids, including Garrett. He has siblings named Britt, Spencer, Crosby, and Drew. Garrett served as an unofficial strength and conditioning coach for the Eagles. Learn more about Garrett Reid’s demise by reading the rest of the story.
Who is Garrett Reid son of Andy Reid who died due to overdose and his cause of death and age
A toxicology examination revealed that the young man’s death occurred due to his unintended heroin overdose. His family was aware of his protracted fight with heroin addiction, which tragically led to his death in October 2012. According to reports, the coach’s son was getting help for his addiction at the time, but some people worried that he might have relapsed.
Northampton County’s district attorney, John Morganelli, stated: “We are certain that Mr. Reid’s death was caused by a self-injected deadly heroin dose today.”
The family also issued the following statement:
“These findings, however, verified what we already knew. We were aware that Garrett’s protracted fight with addiction would be challenging. But because of the bravery he displayed in making an effort to overcome it, he will always be loved and respected by our family. Finally, we find solace in our faith and the knowledge that he is in a better place.” Ten years have passed since Garrett’s passing for the family.
Sadly, it was the kind of demise that Garrett fought mightily to avoid. He received a term in 2007 for causing a high-speed auto accident in which he wounded another driver. ESPN claims that he admitted to the judge that he had been using narcotics during it.
College story of Garrett Reid
Reid was discovered at his residence hall at Lehigh University, where the Eagles’ training camp was being held at the time. At the time, investigators discovered a used syringe and a spoon in the young man’s room. In his room, he also had a gym bag with a number of unused syringes. Unfortunately, Garrett’s premature death occurred at his college.