Since President Joan Laporta assumed office for a second time in March 2021, Barcelona debt status has not improved, know the amout status and crisis in 2023
Vice-President of Economics Eduard Romeu spoke at a news conference when he revealed that the club’s debt remained unchanged from when they assumed power, at €1.35 billion. Cadena Cope covered the event.
What is the debt amount and status of Barcelona in 2023, players wage bill, crisis explained
That excludes the €1.5 billion in debt incurred to finance the Espai Barca project as well.
Romeu said that, given the catastrophic circumstances they inherited, they had restructured the debt over a period of ten years and had gotten the club functioning again. Laporta would undoubtedly contend that in order to accumulate, which was the driving force behind the economic levers last summer, speculation was required.
However, the wage bills have been reduced
It was announced that the wage cap had been lowered from €708 million to €528 million and that an additional €51 million of that amount relates to returning loan players Clement Lenglet, Samuel Umtiti, Alex Collado, Gustavo Maia, and Sergino Dest who wish to leave this summer.
Romeu persisted in asserting that the legacy of former President Josep Maria Bartomeu, who pushed costs into the future, was a massive €389 million bill in deferred pay and escalating contracts. Of that sum, €70 million still needs to be paid.
Can FC Barcelona endure this circumstance?
In a press conference of his own last week, Victor Font, a previous rival for the presidency, asserted that Barcelona’s financial situation was worse than it was before the present board took charge.
Barcelona certainly doesn’t seem to be doing much better at the moment. Many people are still worried about the situation, especially the possibility that Barcelona may virtually fall under the hands of its creditors if nothing changes. However, Barcelona members have continually demonstrated, appropriately, that they care more about what occurs on the pitch than off it when it comes to voting intentions.
Following a PSG offer, Ousmane Dembele has left Barcelona.
The prominent winger for Barcelona is close to quitting the team after receiving a contract offer from Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), according to manager Xavi Hernandez on Tuesday. The 26-year-old sat out Barcelona’s 1-0 triumph over AC Milan in Las Vegas, which marked the end of their pre-season tour of North America.
After the game, Xavi told Spanish television that Dembele had stated his wish to quit the Spanish giants after scoring in the most recent triumph over Real Madrid in Dallas. The French international admitted that PSG had made him a deal, and he was determined to accept it. Dembele’s personal choice may result in him leaving Barcelona after the last year of his contract.