Kolkata Knights Riders (KKR) owner name, ownership share percentage structure and net worth valuation in 2024

Kolkata Knights Riders (KKR) owner name, ownership share percentage structure and net worth valuation in 2024

Have a look at the owner name, structure and percentage share along with the net worth of KKR in 2024

KKR’s bowlers showcased their prowess by limiting the Sunrisers Hyderabad to a mere 113 runs, setting the stage for Venkatesh Iyer’s remarkable unbeaten 52 off just 26 balls, securing KKR’s third Indian Premier League (IPL) title at the MA Chidambaram Stadium on Sunday, May 26.

In the wake of their triumphant third IPL win, KKR enthusiasts flooded social media with congratulatory messages. Meanwhile, curiosity peaked about the team’s owner.

Here, we provide you with all the pertinent details regarding KKR’s ownership and net worth.

Kolkata Knights Riders (KKR) owner name, ownership share percentage structure and net worth valuation details in 2024

In 2024, the Kolkata Knight Riders franchise is under the ownership of Knight Riders Sports Private Limited, a partnership between Red Chillies Entertainment and the Mehta Group.

Founded in 2008 as part of the inaugural Indian Premier League (IPL), the Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) have been a significant presence in Indian cricket.

Co-owned by Shah Rukh Khan of Red Chillies Entertainment and Juhi Chawla along with Jay Mehta of the Mehta Group, the team has secured two IPL championships, triumphing in 2012 and 2014.


Red Chillies Entertainment holds the majority stake of 55%, while the Mehta Group retains the remaining 45%.

About Owners of KKR

Shah Rukh Khan, renowned globally for his acting prowess, has graced numerous blockbuster films, solidifying his stature as one of the most prominent actors in the industry.


Beyond the silver screen, Khan is a familiar face at the Eden Gardens, avidly supporting the Kolkata Knight Riders. Accompanied by his children, who have recently joined him in the IPL Auctions, Khan’s presence adds to the team’s allure.

The Mehta Group, a conglomerate headquartered in Gujarat, India, with its roots in Maharashtra, boasts diverse investments spanning international trade, finance, management, consulting, and various industries globally.

Under the ownership of Jay Mehta, who shares ties with Bollywood through his marriage to actress Juhi Chawla, the group’s legacy extends to the cricketing arena. Like Khan’s family, Jay’s children now participate in the thrilling IPL Auctions.


In addition to its IPL venture, Knight Riders Sports Private Limited expands its cricketing footprint across continents. Besides the Kolkata Knight Riders, they own teams in the Caribbean Premier League and South Africa’s T20 league, along with a franchise in the burgeoning cricket market of the USA.

Net Worth

As of 2024, KKR is the third most valuable IPL team behind the Mumbai Indians and CSK, with a valuation of $1.1 billion and the Kolkata Knight Riders stand as a testament to both cricketing excellence and global fan adulation, thanks to their captivating brand of cricket and the distinguished ownership led by Khan and Mehta.

ALSO READ: IPL 2024 final awards list, winner and runner up prize money, orange and purple cap, MVP, emerging player and fairplay award winners