David Benavidez vs David Lemieux Fight Purse, Payout, Salaries, Winner, Full Undercard Results, Score

David Benavidez vs David Lemieux Fight Purse, Payout, Salaries, Winner, Full Undercard Results, Score

The much anticipated David Benavidez vs David Lemieux resulted in a third-round TKO win for the undefeated favorite David Benavidez, know the purse, payout and prize money

David Benavidez won the World Boxing Council interim super middleweight championship in Glendale, Arizona, via technical knockout in three rounds, maintaining his perfect record.

David Benavidez vs David Lemieux Fight Purse, Payout, Salaries, Winner, Full Undercard Results And Score

On Saturday, May 21, 2022, the fight took place at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona. The main card began at 10 p.m. ET/3 a.m. BST, with main event ring walks beginning at 12:15 a.m. ET/5:15 a.m. BST. The fight between David Benavidez and Lemieux was be a 12-round Super Middleweight Division match with the interim WBC Super Middleweight Title at stake.

On Saturday night at the Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona, Benavidez drowned out David Lemieux with a variety of punches on way to a third-round corner stoppage. Benavidez struck Lemieux with a stunning left hook in the opening round, leaving the Canadian on unsteady legs and vulnerable to a barrage of punches.

Benavidez caught Lemieux in the second round with a right-left combination that sent the veteran through the ropes and nearly out of the ring. Lemieux showed courage in surviving that round as well, but his corner stopped the fight in the third round with another stinging right-left combination.

Advertisement

Full Fight Card Results

  • David Benavidez won against David Lemieux: for interim WBC Super Middleweight title
  • Yoelvis Gomez defeated Jorge Cota: Junior Middleweight
  • Luis Reynaldo Nunez won against Javier Fierro: Featherweight

David Benavidez vs David Lemieux Purse, PPV Share, and Next Opponent

Benavidez improved to 26-0 with 23 knockouts with the win, claiming the interim WBC super-middleweight title and edging closer to a major fight with undisputed champion Canelo Alvarez, former champ Caleb Plant, or perhaps WBC middleweight titleholder Jermall Charlo.

Advertisement

For the fight, Lemieux will receive a guaranteed purse of $300,000, while Benavidez will receive a purse of $350,000. Furthermore, both boxers receive a portion of the PPV earnings. Benavidez will receive 60% of the PPV money. The Lemieux’s PPV share revenue will account for the remaining 40%.

Both Benavidez and Lemieux will receive sponsorship incentives because they fought for the WBC Interim 168-pound title.

Advertisement

Also Read: UFC Fight Night 200 Hermansson Vs Strickland Schedule, Date, Time, Fight Card, Odds, Prediction, Tickets, Live Stream

Recommended: The Sports Fan App

Advertisement