Here is a list of the nominees for the Kopa and Yashin trophy awards 2021 which will be presented at the Ballon d’Or ceremony
France football has announced the nominees for the upcoming award ceremony of Ballon D’or. Kopa and Yashin are two other categories of the ceremony which are given to the best young player and best goalkeeper respectively.
Moreover, the Kopa trophy was started in 2018, and Kylian Mbappe was the first one to win the award. Yashin trophy arrived a year later in 2019 and Brazilian goalkeeper Alisson Becker won it. Further, both the trophies were cancelled along with Ballon D’or in 2021 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
So, here is a list of nominees for the Kopa and Yashin Trophy.
Kopa And Yashin Trophy Nominees 2021: Know Who Are The Players Shortlisted
The award is given to the best performing goalkeeper of the year. Alisson Becker of Liverpool won it in 2019 and is the only winner of the trophy. Here is the list of nominees for this year:
- Edouard Mendy (Chelsea/Senegal)
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (PSG/Italy)
- Ederson (Man City/Brazil)
- Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester/Denmark)
- Emi Martinez (Aston Villa/Argentina)
- Keylor Navas (PSG/Costa Rica)
- Manuel Neuer (Bayern Munich/Germany)
- Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid/Belgium)
- Samir Handanovic (Inter Milan/Slovenia)
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid/Slovenia)
Gianluigi Donnarumma won the player of the tournament at Euro 2020 for his exceptional performance. He is one of the strongest contenders for the trophy along with Jan Oblak. Oblak won the player of the tournament last season as he helped Atletico Madrid to claim their La Liga trophy.
Here is the first part of the nominees for the 2021 Kopa Trophy! #TropheeKopa
— France Football #BallondOr (@francefootball) October 8, 2021
France Football started this award in 2018 and Kylian Mbappe was the first winner. As of now, there are only two players to win this award and it was also canceled last year due to the coronavirus pandemic. Here is the list of nominees:
- Mason Greenwood (Manchester United/England)
- Bukayo Saka (Arsenal/England)
- Pedri (Barcelona/Spain)
- Jeremy Doku (Rennes/Belgium)
- Ryan Gravenberch (Ajax/Netherlands)
- Jamal Musiala (Bayern Munich/Germany)
- Florian Wirtz (Bayer Leverkusen/Germany)
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund/England)
- Giovanni Reyna (Borussia Dortmund/USA)
- Nuno Mendes (Paris Saint-Germain/Portugal)
Barcelona’s Pedri is one of the favorites contenders to win the award. He appeared in the most number of games for both Spain and Barcelona. Also, Greenwood scored some great goals last year for the Red side of Manchester meaning he is also in the race.
Both the awards will be given on 29th November on the same stage of the Ballon D’or ceremony.