Artur Beterbiev vs Callum Smith purse, payouts, winner and full fight card results

Artur Beterbiev vs Callum Smith purse, payouts, winner and full fight card results

Learn more about the Artur Beterbiev vs Callum Smith, which took place on Saturday in Canada along with its purse and winner

Beterbiev risked his impressive knockout streak when he faced Smith. The 38-year-old boxer from Russia and Canada boasted an undefeated record of 19-0 with 19 victories by knockout. During the seventh round, Beterbiev delivered a powerful combination that staggered Smith. Although Smith seemed eager to carry on, his trainer, Buddy McGirt, intervened and halted the bout. Thanks to his win, Beterbiev extended his KO win streak to 20-0.

Artur Beterbiev vs Callum Smith purse, payouts, winner, highlights and full fight card results

Notably, Artur Beterbiev emerged triumphant and received an additional reward, bringing his total earnings to $1,543,950.

Advertisement

What was the outcome of Artur Beterbiev vs Callum Smith?

After a brief setback caused by an injury, Artur Beterbiev and Callum Smith finally faced off in their highly anticipated bout. Initially scheduled for August 2023, the fight was rescheduled due to Beterbiev requiring jaw surgery due to a bone infection. In the Saturday showdown, Beterbiev demonstrated his dominance, securing victory and preserving his undefeated status by stopping Smith at 2:00 of Round 7.

Advertisement

Round 7 witnessed Beterbiev applying relentless pressure, causing Smith to hit the canvas twice, marking the first time Smith experienced a knockdown. Following his win, Beterbiev challenged Dmitry Bivol, the WBA light heavyweight titleholder. This loss represents the second setback in Smith’s career, following his previous defeat to Canelo Alvarez. Meanwhile, Beterbiev successfully defended his WBC/WBO/IBF light heavyweight titles.

we examine the full fight card results:
  • Artur Beterbiev defeated Callum Smith (Round 7 KO)
  • Christian Mbilli won against Rohan Murdock (Round 6 TKO)
  • Jason Moloney defeated Saul Sanchez (114-114, 116-112, 116-112)
  • Imam Khataev won against Michal Ludwiczak (Round 2 TKO)
  • Leila Beaudoin defeated Elizabeth Espinoza (78-74, 78-74, 77-75)
  • Wilkens Mathieu won against Jose Arias Alvarez (40-36, 40-35, 40-35)
  • Mehmet Unal defeated Dragan Lepei (Round 1 TKO)
  • Christopher Guerrero won against Sergio Herrera (79-73, 78-74, 78-74)
  • Moreno Fendero defeated Victor Hugo Flores (Round 1 KO)

How much will Beterbiev and Smith earn from this fight?

In Quebec, Canada, Top Rank successfully secured the WBC bid for the eagerly anticipated fight, offering a substantial purse of $2,115,000. Reports indicate that 70% of the winning bid went to champion Beterbiev, with the remaining 30% allocated to challenger Smith. Beterbiev, as the champion, claimed $1,332,450, while Smith, the challenger, earned $571,050. The victor’s share, totaling $211,500, was part of the 10% reserved.

Advertisement

PLAY: FREE ONLINE GAMES

error: This function is not allowed