Referee Jordan Silva Arbitro video and photos go viral on Twitter and Reddit

Referee Jordan Silva Arbitro video and photos go viral on Twitter and Reddit

Brazilian football referee Jordan Silva Arbitro rose to fame as a result of a horrific incident that happened on June 30, 2013, while he was overseeing a football game with his video viral

Jordan Silva died at the age of 20.

Silva, unfortunately, passed away at the age of 20 as well. In Pio XII, Maranho, on that specific day, served as the referee for a game between two teams. The 30-year-old Josemir Santos Abreu was given a red card by referee Silva in the middle of the game, but he refused to leave the field and engaged in a physical conflict with him instead. Everything became dismal when it was revealed that they had passed away. So, continue reading the article to learn more about this dreadful incident.

Football referee Jordan Silva Arbitro video and photos go viral on Twitter and Reddit

Jordan Silva Arbitro has been the subject of numerous videos and pictures that have gone viral on Twitter and other social media sites. The pictures are related to a 2013 event in which Arbitro was brutally killed after stabbing a player on the pitch during a heated debate.


The official video originally became popular on Reddit, but recently users have also started searching for images and excerpts on Twitter. The extraordinarily violent footage and images of the referee, which showed Silva’s body with serious wounds, astounded everyone.

Why was Silva killed?

On June 30, 2013, Jordan Silva officiated a game in Pio XII, Maranho. Josemir Santos Abreu was then removed from the pitch after being given a red card. Despite this, Abreu stayed on the pitch and engaged Silva in combat. Abreu is said to have punched Silva. In response to the punch, Silva then took a dagger out of his pocket and stabbed the opponent in the chest. Silva is accused of stabbing the athlete twice. After that, Abreu was taken by ambulance to the hospital but died there.

On the other hand, Abreu’s family and friends at the time were enraged and went crazy upon hearing of his passing. They came onto the playing field and stoned Silva. After chopping off Silva’s legs, the victim’s family and other relatives beheaded him and hung his head on a pike in the centre of the football pitch.


Because it had never occurred in the history of the sport, when word of the referee and football players’ deaths went online, it shocked the entire world. A drastic tragedy that happened prior to the 2014 World Cup caused many people to worry about their safety. Luiz Moraes de Souza was arrested and detained as a result of the heinous murder of Silva. The police were also looking for Abreu’s brother and two other people.