MA Chidambaram Stadium Chennai pitch report, weather, IPL records, average score for CSK vs GT Qualifier 1 IPL 2023

MA Chidambaram Stadium Chennai pitch report, weather, IPL records, average score for CSK vs GT Qualifier 1 IPL 2023

Know the MA Chidambaram Stadium weather, pitch report and IPL records

Although experts have labelled the defending champions Gujarat Titans as the overwhelming favorites ahead of their qualifier-1 clash against Chennai Super Kings, it is safe to assume that CSK will prove a formidable foe buoyed by the home crowd.

At Chennai’s MA Chidambaram Stadium on May 23, Gujarat Titans and Chennai Super Kings will face off in Qualifier 1 of the Indian Premier League 2023. Being able to play in front of their own fans would give MS Dhoni’s Super Kings a lot of confidence. The Yellow Army will not have an easy time because the current champs are a tough foe to defeat.

MA Chidambaram Stadium Chennai pitch report, weather, IPL records, average and highest score for CSK vs GT Qualifier 1 IPL 2023

Chennai Super Kings vs Gujarat Titans: preview, h2h record, predicted line-up, pitch report, & team news


Recent games at Chennai’s MA Chidambaram Stadium have seen first innings scores of 163 runs on average, suggesting a potentially high-scoring contest and the pitch at this venue has made it easy to score runs, increasing the likelihood of another run fest. However, spinners may threaten in the middle overs by taking advantage of the circumstances and dew will also impact the game’s final stages.

M.A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk, Chennai, India weather forecasted for the next 10 days will have maximum temperature of 40°c / 105°f with no rain.

Despite winning four occasions this season when chasing, teams have often won more games at this venue by batting first and it will be an intriguing match between the two teams here at the first qualifier of the IPL 2023 since GT boasts a capable spinner in Rashid Khan and CSK has Jadeja and Moeen Ali. Pacers have dominated over the last three years, taking 56% of the wickets while spinners took the remaining 44% here.

Team Total Opposition Year Scorecard
CSK 246 RR 2010 Link
RR 223 CSK 2010 Link
CSK 222 DD 2012 Link
CSK 217 LSG 2023 Link
RR 211 CSK 2008 Link
Lowest innings totals at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in the IPL
Team Total Opposition Year Scorecard
RCB 70 CSK 2019 Link
KXIP 95 CSK 2015 Link
DC 99 CSK 2019 Link
KKR 108 CSK 2019 Link
CSK 109 MI 2019 Link

Gujarat Titans, the defending champions, won ten of their fourteen league phase games to claim first place in the Indian Premier League 2023 standings. Contrastingly, the MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings, who placed ninth in the league last year, produced a stunning return this time around and took second place. On May 23, both of these teams will meet each other at Chennai’s MA Chidambaram Stadium; the victor will qualify for the final, while the loser must play in the second qualifier advance for the championship match.


It is interesting to note that during the history of IPL, CSK has never defeated GT. Additonally, CSK should be mindful of Shubman Gill, who in the meantime managed to score two consecutive centuries. With each match, the pitch at MA Chidambaram Stadium becomes slower and consequently, the toss is crucial. While batting first would usually be preferred, GT has an extremely strong bowling assault that can hold its own against any total. On this surface, anything over 170 will be a good total. Rashid Khan can be extremely dangerous in the middle, where the spinners are anticipated to receive some assistance from the surface.

Gujarat Titans: Shubman Gill, Wriddhiman Saha, Vijay Shankar, Hardik Pandya, David Miller, Rahul Tewatia, Dasun Shanaka, Mohit Sharma, Rashid Khan, Mohammed Shami, Noor Ahmad

Chennai Super Kings: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Devon Conway, Ajinkya Rahane, Ambati Rayudu, Shivam Dube, Moeen Ali, Ravindra Jadeja, MS Dhoni, Deepak Chahar, Tushar Deshpande, Maheesh Theekshana

When & Where to watch: live stream & TV telecast coverage

All 2023 Indian Premier League playoff matches will be broadcast on Star Sports channels like Star Sports 1, Star Sports 1 HD, Star Sports 3, and Star Sports 3 HD. Jio Cinema will provide live streaming for every playoff game in the meantime.

Qualifier-1: Gujarat Titans vs Chennai Super Kings (23rd May, 7:30 PM)


Also Read: BWF German Open Badminton 2022 Doubles Final, Schedule, Date, Time, Fixtures, Semi-Final Results, Score, Live Stream Telecast